Friday, 28 October 2011

Week 9's class was about video games. Mario kart and SEGA Sonic the hedgehog were my childhood favourites. I also played Street Fighters a lot when I was in kindergarten.

Apart from video games, PC games are my favourite as well. My first PC game encountered in my life was Prince of Persia, which I often watched my father played when I was about 3 years old.




In the class, we have learnt that there are different story plots in videogames, and I want to share one about the ending in Prince of Persia.It was about killing the "evil" character Jaffar, without using the original sword.



And ...... A real life Mario Kart

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post - I enjoyed the 'real life' Mario Kart. I didn't really understand what you were saying about the ending of Prince of Persia: it looks like someone modded the game to let the player use a gun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christoph,thanks for your comments. The "normal" ending of the Prince of Persia would be like he had a happy ending with the princess and killed Jaffee. But I have seen one version which the Prince committed suicide after killing Jaffee, but I couldn't find that clip again. So I posted that modded version.=]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing with us your childhood memory of playing Prince of Persia. It is interesting to note how games evolved throughout the years. I wonder if kids nowadays still play this kind of games now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re Jen: I am not sure if PC games are still dominant for kids nowadays, but I guess they are playing more interactive learning games in classrooms and online games at home. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think games nowadays have multi-modes of playing within a game (e.g. combing gun shooting with fighting in maze), and have more 3D graphics. For me, Final Fantasy was the master of 3D game/movie. But after the release of Avatar people are saying Final Fantasy is not "real" enough.

    And, I love the Mario Kart!! xD Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Mario Kart as well!!!hahahhahahaha
    I seldom play pc games and I find that I just act like an idiot when I play pc games!

    But I know that there are really many fans of game and we can use this channel to spread message/ communicate to them! That would be a good channel to attract some targets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha the Prince of Persia made me laugh...It looks like a rather old game. You father played that? You have a cool father ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Re Joanne: I should have a look at the FF when I'm free.

    Re Kandice: Groups of common interest may be powerful spokesperson for the game and revealing the limitations of the game to the designer.

    Re Jojo: yeah, my father played that! haha, 2 decades ago XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your experience of video game began really early! My dad never plays video games and not allow me to until when I was 5.I remember my first video game is a racing game on PlayStation.
    The games nowadays are really sophisticated and flexible. I'd played Grand Theft Auto (GTA), a game where the player plays a thief and goes through a plot. The most fascinating part is that the ending will vary by the choice and performance of the player. The main character can end up killing his ultimate enemy or dealing with him.
    The tasks in GTA aren't all about shooting and killing. It can be racing, flying planes and delivering pizzas.
    But it is really addictive and time-consuming. Finishing all the tasks to reach the ending indicates the player only completed about 60% of the game. There are countless mini tasks outside the main plot in which the main character can become stronger in the city. What a sophisticated game!

    ReplyDelete